FRASSNESS_EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRASSNESS_EMPIRE

FMC

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The African Origin of Egyptian Civilization
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:57 by Admin

» Before I Wake (Tupac Amaru Shakur Documentary)
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:55 by Admin

» Bob Marley Exposing Illuminati And Waking Up The True "Jews"/ Hebrew Israelites, 12 Tribes Of Israel
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:53 by Admin

» Look For Me In The Whirlwind (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Documentary)
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:50 by Admin

» Busy Signal - Life {Official Video} MAY 2011 {Good Good Rec}
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:44 by Admin

» Konshens - Simple Song - Official Music Video (HD) Feb 2011
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:43 by Admin

» YAYA CASH FT TGOONZ - KILLIN_EM
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:40 by Admin

» The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).mp4
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 09:24 by Admin

» Massacre Riddim 2011
Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d EmptyTue 01 Mar 2011, 07:19 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Broadcasting Commission chief rejects Gully-Gaza call - Cordel Green will not attend Parliament to d

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

Broadcasting Commission executive Director Cordel Green was in a no-nonsense mood when he spoke at the launch of Benjy Myaz′ album ′You′ve Got Me′ on Wednesday night. Speaking to an attentive audience at the Waterfalls, Liguanea, St Andrew
, he said, "I begin to wonder if this album will get its true critical acclaim and exposure." This is in a situation where the focus is on a feud between two deejays, with talented artistes reduced to mere footnotes.

That feud is, of course, the Gully-Gaza affair between Mavado and Vybz Kartel. And Green went on to make it clear that he would not be party to giving the two and their conflict more traction in the society. He said that his presence had been requested at Parliament next Tuesday to further examine the matter but he would not do so, refusing to feed into a critical and irresponsibly dangerous cycle.

Green also said that he rejects "the spurious argument that artistes should simply give the people what they want to eat a food
or reflect what is happening in the society".

"Artistes do not only reflect. They influence. If it was otherwise they would not be as influential as they are," Green said.

He said that when he was preparing to speak at the launch, Bob Marley′s Zimbabwe came to mind, proposing that it is applicable in Jamaica today, especially to the leaders of popular culture. Green quoted from Zimbabwe, returning to the line "soon we′ll find out who is the real revolutionary" a few times and closing with "I don′t want my people to be tricked by mercenaries".

"Today, there are mercenaries in the leadership of Jamaica′s popular culture," Green said, those persons pursuing personal ends and self-aggrandisement. And while they do so, the hungry are being fed vinegar for wine and stone for bread.

"That is injustice," Green said.

Still, as was the situation with Mussolini and Hitler, the people will soon find out who are the true revolutionaries and who are the mercenaries.

https://frassness.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum