Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Iverson Having a Change of Heart?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is Iverson Having a Change of Heart? on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 14:56

Admin

Admin
Allen Iverson(notes) announced that he’s retiring from the NBA. But is that really the last we’ve seen from him?

Iverson sent a statement to Stephen A. Smith of FOX Sports Radio on Wednesday about his retirement. But, according to Smith, sources close to Iverson are saying he’s already having a change of heart after seeing some of the reaction around the league.
"I think he just wants to feel wanted again," one of the sources said.

A couple of the notable reactions from around the league included the Heat’s Dwyane Wade(notes) and the Nuggets’ Carmelo Anthony(notes).

"I’m No. 3. He made No. 3 cool,” Wade told NBA.com “He made crossovers cool. He did so much for the game as a pioneer. It’s sad to see him think about retirement."

"It’s tough — just a messed-up way to go out like that,” Anthony told The Denver Post. “Especially knowing you can still play, knowing you still got it.”

Iverson played just three games in Memphis this season, leaving the team after complaining about his lack of playing time. In his retirement announcement, he said, “I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank. I feel strongly that I can still

http://frassness.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum